Thursday, July 14, 2011

Make Your Own Pizza

I have to admit, it is much easier to just use a tube of pizza crust when you want to make pizza at home.  It is much cheaper and healthier though to make your own.  (I've used this recipe a few times, sometimes adding in some Italian herbs.) I usually go in-between though, and buy pizza crust in a baggie at Trader Joe's.  It lets me skip the prep, and it's healthier than what's in the tube!  I have tried a few different pizza sauce recipes, and am still searching for "the one".  Sometimes I use barbecue sauce in place of a tomato sauce, and sometimes I use pesto.  Once or twice I've roasted a head of garlic, then spread the roasted cloves onto the crust.  Oh my was that delicious!  My daughter's favorite topping is pineapple.  I like anything from caramelized onion or tomato and spinach with feta to ribbons of zucchini and squash.  The point of this is this - Make it your own!  You can use just about anything as your sauce, and anything you'd like as your topping.  You can try different cheeses.  Try something new - it could be your new favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment