Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mom's Spaghetti Sauce

One of the things that I always ask my Mom to make for me when we're visiting is her spaghetti sauce. If my parents are visiting us, she makes extra and leaves it for me in the freezer. Another reason to love my Mom! We're having the last batch of frozen sauce from their summer visit for dinner tonight.

1.5-2 lbs. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
garlic
2 bay leaves
oregano (1-2 tsp)
Salt & pepper, to taste
sugar(1 tsp)
1 large can tomato sauce
1 medium sized can tomato paste


Brown beef, onion and garlic together. Drain, then return to pan. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, and all other ingredients. When sauce begins to bubble, lower heat. Cover, simmer at least 30 minutes. Adjust oregano, sugar, salt & pepper as needed. Tastes best after simmering all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment