Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sandwich bread

I LOVE my bread machine. We use it at least twice a week. It's nothing fancy, but it's fabulous. :) Right now my Sunbeam is busy making sandwich bread. It took me just a few minutes to put everything in, and will go on it's own for a few hours. The house will smell wonderful, and the bread will be about 1/3 less than if I'd bought it in the store. AND, I can add whatever I want to it (Parmesan cheese, herbs, sesame seeds, etc.)

1 c water
2 tbsp soft butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp non-fat milk powder
3 tbsp sugar
3 cups bread flour
6 tsp vital wheat gluten
3/4 tsp bread machine yeast

Sift together bread flour and gluten. Add ingredients to bread machine in order suggested by the manufacturer (mine suggests the order in which the ingredients are listed above), turn it on, and wait for the delicious smell!

No comments:

Post a Comment